You’ve finally booked that long-overdue vacation and all that’s left to do is look for a pet sitter whom you can trust to leave your precious pet with as their company. You’ve asked an online pet sitting Adelaide agency for a good sitter, and you have found one. All that you need to do next is to meet with him/her and ask a few questions. Here are some which will help you decide if he/she is the right one for your pet.
- What training/education and experience does the pet sitter have? Is he licensed, bonded and insured? Ask to and look at his certificates. You can even call the school for further verification of his credentials. A professional pet sitter must be insured since this is one sign of his commitment to the business.
- Does the sitter accept other clients simultaneously and how many are there? While an in-demand pet sitter is a sign of his excellence, taking in too many clients at one time may be disadvantageous to your pet.
- Is the contractor available on his phone at all times if you need to contact him? Keep in mind however that he also needs his sleep so that you won’t call him at unholy hours.
- Do these people have an experience in caring for your type and breed of pet? If not, be sure you provide detailed information and instructions on meals, grooming and exercise. Ask him to visit before you leave so that he can meet your pet and get acquainted.
- Can these people take your pet to the veterinarian in case of emergencies? This service should be in the contract, along with the fees, services, and the amount of time he will spend with your animal. The deal should not include exempting the sitter from liability in case the animal is injured, taken ill or dies.
- Can the company give you names and phone numbers of their clients who have consented to be his references? This way, you can verify the quality of his service.
If you are fully satisfied by all the answers provided by the prospective pet sitter, you can leave with the comforting thought that your pet in the care of a qualified pet sitter.
The only way you can be at peace is making sure that the pet sitter comes from a reputable pet sitting Adelaide company because no way a reputable can ruin their reputation by sending unqualified pet sitter to take care of your pet. There are many pet sitting services, and you only need to contact the best. Referrals and the use of the internet will help you in your search. Just take your time, and you will find the right pet sitting service.